Words: Jess Graves | Photos: Caroline Fontenot | Styling: Candice Beaty
Some girls aren't all that girly. They prefer Lucchese to Louboutin and Manhattans to Moscow Mules. This gift list–the last in our Big, Bad, Southern Gift Guides– is for the girl who's in touch with her feminine side ... but still kills her own spiders.
1. We noted the little line Fly Formal (out of Thomasville, Georgia) in our men's gift guide, but the truth is we'd have never noted them had this silk scarf not caught our eye first. Awash with a quintessentially southern quail and magnolia motif, we've been throwing ours on with tassel earrings when we're running out for drinks and need a quick "dress up".
Fly Formal quail + magnolia silk scarf, 249.00 flyformal.com
2. English and Southern sporting style aren't all that different, so it makes sense that Barbour has quickly caught on in Dixie as an outdoor essential. We love the classic Beadnell, a style that will see you through many years to come. Tuckernuck is our recommended retailer for all things Barbour, matter of fact–their selection is second to none.
Barbour Women's Classic Olive Beadnell jacket, 379.00 tuckernuck.com
3. We're completely smitten with Col. Littleton's Tennessee leather company, down to his well-appointed dog accessories. Maggie likes 'em, too. Woof.
Col. Littleton personalized leather dog collar, 79.00 colonellittleton.com
4. Pappy holidays, y'all. If you can't get your hands on a bottle (who can?) may we recommend some official Pappy & Co. swag for fans of the world's most elusive Kentucky bourbon?
5. Nothing wears better over the years than a trusty pair of shit kickers. Our favorites are by Lucchese. They'll be the best part of breaking out your cold-weather wardrobe, we promise.
Lucchese "Summer" boots, 795.00 lucchese.com
6. Designer Meg Councilman handcrafts her Margaret Vera collection of unique leather handbags and totes in Atlanta. You've got to touch them to believe them. Buttery doesn't even begin to cover how soft they are. Bonus: Meg's offering 20% off with code THELOVELIST.
Margaret Vera "Caitlin" large black leather tote, 295.00 (20% off with code THELOVELIST) margaretvera.com
7. It's no secret we're big fans of Twine & Twig (see our gift guide for the social butterfly for proof) but we couldn't resist throwing in these fun, stretchy bangles into this roundup as well, which stuff stockings rather nice if you ask us.
Twine & Twig Tribal/Batik stacks, 50.00 twineandtwigstyle.com
8. When Warby Parker opened up shop in Atlanta, we were ecstatic. We love their super-reasonably priced sunnies in particular, which boast polarized lenses and a comfy customized fit while you wait.
Warby Parker "Banks" sunglasses in ginger crystal, 95.00 warbyparker.com